As an affiliate of the South Asian Bar Association of North America (“SABA”), SABA-StL follows the charter of SABA by providing a vital link between South Asian lawyers and the South Asian community in the St. Louis area. As a bar association, SABA-StL promotes South Asian lawyers in the region and provides a forum for professional growth and advancement. SABA-StL focuses on providing legal services, education, outreach, and other assistance to members of the South Asian community throughout the region.
SABA-StL also works with other bar associations, law firms, and public and private entities to fulfill our charter and enrich the character of the St. Louis region. Through this effort, we hope to help continue to develop the St. Louis region as a vibrant and thriving community that is ever enriched by its diverse and civic-minded citizenry.
Nationally, SABA has been an overwhelming success as the fastest growing organization of South Asian lawyers in the world. We are convinced that a strong South Asian bar in the region is essential to protecting the rights and liberties of South Asians in the area, to developing the economy and culture, and to improving the quality of legal services in the region. As the South Asian business community in St. Louis continues to prosper, SABA-StL will provide them with a directory of qualified legal professionals that not only have the sophistication to provide creative business solutions, but also understand their motivations and goals.
- To support, guide, mentor, and foster South Asian attorneys and law students throughout the St. Louis Metropolitan region
- To provide a networking forum for South Asian attorneys in the region
- To provide a referral network for members of the South Asian community in the region and efficiently connect the community to the South Asian bar
- To promote professional development for South Asian attorneys and law students throughout the region
- To educate and inform the South Asian community of the region regarding legal issues and legal services
- To provide education and outreach to the St. Louis bar and the St. Louis community by discussing important legal issues affecting the South Asian community
- To provide pro bono services to members of the South Asian community and underprivileged communities